Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beware of Gmail Phishing Mail


This morning I have received an email from supposedly Gmail Team saying that I have violated some of their terms and my account will be disabled. When I clicked the url, I was sent to another website disguised as Google and even though I was logged in at Gmail, it shows there that I am still not logged-in.


If I wasn't aware of these things I would have logged-in and would have been one of their victims. I reported it to Gmail as phishing mail knowing that they'll reply to me if ever it is true that I've violated such terms or they'll mark it as phishing website.

If ever you have received one and your browser has not distinguished it as phishing mail then I advice you not to visit the link or url. If ever you have opened it already then it's best not to login.
Noel Ablon Web Developer

I am Noel Ablon. A father of two wonderful kids. A loving husband to a wondeful wife. A Bible believing Christian. A web developer / graphics artist / programmer or a fullstack web developer.

4 comments:

  1. meron din nito sa yahoo. They say na magpapalit sila ng server at kailangan ibigay email and password. tsk tsk

    ReplyDelete
  2. same with paypal... Mag update daw for security, pero hindi ka naman sa url nang paypal nag lologin, kamuka lang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for sharing this.

    Will tell people about this gimmicks of Phishers

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are all welcome, hope you all have a nice day and thanks for visiting Xleon Tips.

    ReplyDelete