Sunday, August 22, 2010

Tweaking Adventure for PR!


I am off on a new adventure and it's just right here in my own blog. It will be a tedious job but it will be worth it. I am one of those people who try to make their blogs raise PR. Currently, I am trying to study about it and it has come to my attention that Google raises a blog or site's PR according to the relativity of your posts. Stick to one theme or make your post relative to one another as much as possible. Well actually, it is one of the ways on how you can raise your PR. Why don't we tackle more about PR.

What is PR?
PR stands for PageRank. PageRank is a numeric value that represents how important a page is on the web. Google figures that when one page links to another page, it is effectively casting a vote for the other page. The more votes that are cast for a page, the more important the page must be. Also, the importance of the page that is casting the vote determines how important the vote itself is. Google calculates a page's importance from the votes cast for it. How important each vote is is taken into account when a page's PageRank is calculated.

PageRank is Google's way of deciding a page's importance. It matters because it is one of the factors that determines a page's ranking in the search results. It isn't the only factor that Google uses to rank pages, but it is an important one. (reference: WebWorkShop).


Now I know what PR is, how can I check my site's PR?
The site's name is called Google PageRank Checker.

Wait, is PR important?
Well, if you are earning money from online businesses like affiliate marketing, SEO,or making product review through your blog or your website, IT IS IMPORTANT. Why? Of course if you like people to see your product - you'd prefer to advertise it where most people go or you'd prefer to put those ads on important sites.

Okay, that is it for now. I'm off to my adventure.
Noel Ablon Web Developer

I am Noel Ablon. A father of two wonderful kids. A loving husband to a wondeful wife. A Bible believing Christian. A web developer / graphics artist / programmer or a fullstack web developer.

5 comments:

  1. Wahhh I lost my blogs PR of 3 last month.. Di kasi asyadong makaupdate..

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( Ganun sayang. Di bale kaya mo ulit ibalik yun. Dami mo kasing blog eh hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's also one of the reasons I created my current contest - to make new connections and raise my PR.

    After this contest, there will be more contest and I'll probably sponsor some contest (cash) and ask for a blog review in exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a nice idea, I just wish I have lots of time to join wahhh.. Still not able to do my post for your contest, I apologize.

    Just realize one thing, di pa pala ako follower kaya di ko makita updates mo on my dasboard hehehe. Now I am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's okay. I am so busy myself as well. No time to promote my contest and re-do the banner.

    I am still on the initial stage of studying about PRs and I'll be sharing how to do it once I experience it myself.

    But first, I need to experiment.

    ReplyDelete