Thursday, May 17, 2012

Diablo 3's Success or Failure?


After the launch of Diablo 3 last May 15, there have been a lot of mixed reactions regarding the game. I have decided not to buy Diablo 3 and wait for people's reaction first since it was said that the game would be "Online Only". Sadly, the game can't be played offline even on Single Player mode. I remember before that I've played and finished playing Diablo 1 and 2 a lot of times while trying out different characters so upon hearing the user's exchange of comments at Blizzard's forum, I felt disappointed. One of the user commented that the game was ridiculous, he was booted-out of his own game session many times while playing the single-player mode. I fully understand how they feel. Correct me if I'm wrong but I do remember in Diablo 2, Blizzard made the Single Player characters unplayable on Multiplayer mode so why make the single player character saves on the server? Many said it was because of money - well, it is the very reason they made D3.

In my opinion, they should have made two packages; one for single-player only and the other one is both single player and multiplayer mode. Atleast anyone can play the game anywhere they want and if piracy is concerned, the player should atleast be online whenever it reaches a certain level (eg. level 1, 10, 20, 30, etc...) - saves Bliz some money too for additional servers they have to provide for all users. One player also commented that it is stupid to download a 7.5 GB game and not able to play it on places where there are no internet connections. Worst thing is if this game was ever cracked, it would be very unfair for those who purchase the 7.5GB game who can't play it anywhere while the user with a cracked copy will be much more happier of his game.

The launch of the game eventually made new fans but made some or most of the game's loyal fans their worst critics and haters. I am still quite disappointed at this new policy, too bad I was planning on buying the collector's edition. Anyways, there is still a possibility of me buying the game if ever they have fixed the problem of being queued for a long time before you can play on a single player mode and booted on your own game as well. There is also my upcoming vacation which could probably get me banned if I ever logged-in the Philippines.
So was it a success for Blizzard's Diablo 3? you judge. Sorry, there won't be any Diablo game review for now.
Noel Ablon Web Developer

I am Noel Ablon. A father of two wonderful kids. A loving husband to a wondeful wife. A Bible believing Christian. A web developer / graphics artist / programmer or a fullstack web developer.

1 comment:

  1. Waited all these years for this... I will also not be buying this.

    ReplyDelete